Registry of medical and technological documents on medical care standardization is functioning in accordance with Regulations on the Registry, approved by the Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine of 28.09.2012 № 751 "On the development and implementation of medical and technological documents on medical care standardization in the system of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine" and registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine of 29.11.2012 № 2004/22316.
The Registry is designed for doctors, health institutions' administrators and scientists!
It is also designed for developers of standards and unified clinical protocols, developers of local protocols for medical unit, and for all other concerned parties.
Currently, the health care system of Ukraine is well on the way towards new changes, namely, the creation of qualitatively new system of medical care standardization based on unified methodology of development of clinical guidelines, medical standards, unified clinical protocols, and local medical care protocols on evidence-based medicine.
The new system of standardization has the following characteristics:
- The new system is presented by three new types of documents: clinical guidelines, medical standards, and unified clinical protocols.
- Unified clinical protocols of medical care and medical standards are developed on the principles of evidence-based medicine (the basis for these documents are clinical recommendations/guidelines (tertiary sources of evidence-based medicine).
- Medical and technological documents are developed not for the medical specialty but by the topic (hypertension, ischemic stroke etc.).
- Medical and technological documents are developed by multidisciplinary working groups (representatives of all stakeholders).
- The developed documents have review dates and undergo public discussion (are located on the Ministry of Health of Ukraine (MoH of Ukraine) website for one month).
ESSENTIAL – Unified clinical protocols of medical care and medical standards have health care quality indicators, that can be used to assess the quality of health care for a certain period, in certain health care unit, region, in the system of MoH of Ukraine.
This database contains the Medical standards approved by MoH of Ukraine, unified clinical protocols of medical care, and draft documents for discussion, as well as tertiary sources of evidence-based medicine - clinical guidelines both original and adapted, which formed the basis for developed standards and protocols.
Here the developers of medical and technological documents will find the regulations, which relate to medical care standardization, manual for developers, AGREE questionnaire for the assessment of clinical guidelines quality and grounded choice of prototypes, as well as other useful methodological documents.
In order to provide an adequate information support for medical and technological documents' developement, the State Expert Centre of MoH of Ukraine provides working groups, approved by MoH of Ukraine, with access to the international information databases and organizations which work in promotion of principles and methods of evidence-based medicine, development of clinical guidelines and medical care standards, first of all G-I-N (Guidelines International Network).
Coordination of adaptation of clinical guidelines, development of medical standards and unified clinical protocols of medical care is provided by the Medical Care Standardization Board of the State Expert Centre of MoH of Ukraine.